commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <m...@phase.ws>
Subject RE: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd exception
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 12:57:01 GMT
It WORKED!!! Is this information anywhere in the documentation? If not... it
might be good to have.

Brandon Goodin

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 3:55 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd
exception

hi brandon

i think i know the cause of your problem (see below).

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 09:42 PM, Brandon Goodin wrote:

<snip>

> I use a properties file in the classpath called commons-logging.properties
> It contains the following single line...
>
> ------ Config start ------

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Simple
> Log
> ------ Config end ------

commons logging uses two different abstractions - LogFactory (which is in
charge of determining the logging configuration strategy) and Log (which
does the actual logging).

SimpleLog is a Log implementation (rather than a LogFactory implementation)
.

try:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFac
toryImpl
    org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

instead.

- robert