commons-user mailing list archives

From "Durham David Contr 805 CSS/SCBE" <David.Durh...@scott.af.mil>
Subject RE: DBCP options
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 19:13:49 GMT

The help is much appreciated.

My understanding is that using setDefaultMaxActive(int maxActive) will mean that I will never
have more than max connections active.  Furthermore, using setDefaultMaxIdle(int maxIdle)
will mean that idle connections beyond maxIdle will be closed.  When will they be closed?
 It doesn't appear idle connections beyond maxIdle are being removed, or I just don't know
what is going to trigger that.  Perhaps I need to do a bit more config for that to happen?

> Hope this helps,
> Matthew

Dave