commons-user mailing list archives

From "Durham David Contr 805 CSS/SCBE" <>
Subject RE: DBCP options
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 15:25:58 GMT
Ok, feel free to laugh at my expense for that question.  Let me describe what I'm doing.

I want to use DBCP ... duh.  However, I don't want to use JOCL, or rather, don't know how
and don't know if it's appropriate for what I'm trying to do.

I have a class, ConnectionManager, with a getConnection() static method, that uses a properties
file that I have created.  I'm referencing this method all over my business classes, and don't
want to recode these classes.  So, I need to manually create the pool and initialize max/min/validate
query ... but don't see any good documentation on this.  I looked at the examples, which are
minimal and don't even mess with max/min/validate query.  I see JOCL in source repository,
but don't see any docs.

Do I need to say more?  I can post my code, but it's pretty much straight out of the examples.