commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd exception
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 09:54:44 GMT
hi brandon

i think i know the cause of your problem (see below).

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 09:42 PM, Brandon Goodin wrote:

<snip>

> I use a properties file in the classpath called commons-logging.properties
> It contains the following single line...
>
> ------ Config start ------
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Simple
> Log
> ------ Config end ------

commons logging uses two different abstractions - LogFactory (which is in
charge of determining the logging configuration strategy) and Log (which
does the actual logging).

SimpleLog is a Log implementation (rather than a LogFactory implementation)
.

try:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl
    org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

instead.

- robert