commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Denson" <mden...@dayspring-tech.com>
Subject RE: DBCP options
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 20:25:13 GMT
Dave,

  I haven't gotten to the point you are but it looks like the
setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis() method is what you want.  The docs
say that a non-positive value means that there will be no runs.  So if
it defaults to zero which seems likely then it isn't making eviction
runs.

There is also the setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis() which may be effecting
things.

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Durham David Contr 805 CSS/SCBE
[mailto:David.Durham1@scott.af.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 12:14 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List; Matthew Denson
Subject: RE: DBCP options

The help is much appreciated.

My understanding is that using setDefaultMaxActive(int maxActive) will
mean that I will never have more than max connections active.
Furthermore, using setDefaultMaxIdle(int maxIdle) will mean that idle
connections beyond maxIdle will be closed.  When will they be closed?
It doesn't appear idle connections beyond maxIdle are being removed, or
I just don't know what is going to trigger that.  Perhaps I need to do a
bit more config for that to happen?

> Hope this helps,
> Matthew

Dave