commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Denson" <mden...@dayspring-tech.com>
Subject RE: DBCP options
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 17:05:16 GMT
Hi Dave,

I just worked through this so I'll post a few links.  The code is in CVS
which has a browser that works great look here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/src/java/org/apac
he/commons/dbcp/

[To maintainer:  The Source (Browse) link on the project page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/) points to commons-pool.  Minor
but initially confusing.]

I would recommend using the Jdbc2PoolDataSource which is in common-dbcp
after version 1.0.  The API page for that package
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/j
dbc2pool/package-summary.html is very helpful.  If you want other help
let me know I got something to work that is very similar to your
situation for Oracle8i.

[To maintainer:  The API Documentation link in the sidebar works but the
one in the main body does not.]

BTW the latest binary version I could find was in the Struts1.1rc1
binary download.  The were some differences between the documentation
and the version 1.0 binary download that is available on the main
project page.

Hope this helps,
Matthew