commons-user mailing list archives

From "Beer, Christian" <Christian.B...@Diron.DE>
Subject [jxpath] Iterating using "a/b//c//d[type='e']"...
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 14:43:51 GMT
Hello!

While evaluating JXPath if it could be used in my project, I got the
following problem:

I have a very complicated object tree that can get very big. It consists of
the following classes:

MyObject	(super-class of the following)
MyArray
MyName
MyDictionary
MyBoolean
MyString
MyInteger
MyReal
MyNull
MyReference

Rules:
- There is one root MyDictionary.
- all but MyArray and MyDictionary are leaf-nodes.
- Keys to the dictionarys are allways MyName objects.
- I created a MyDictionaryHandler that gives the keys as strings to jxpath.
- MyReference contains references to objects.
- My MyDictionary and MyArray resolve this references and return the real
objects in get and iterator.
- Sometimes there are items in MyDictionary called parent, that contain a
reference on the parent-My-Object.

The tree would look quite complex, so I'll skip it.

If I call, for example "myContext.iterate("a/b//c//d[t='f']")" on a quite
big tree, my program hangs.

Does anyone have an idea? Is it a loop in my tree? Is there a known bug in
JXPath?

I know it is quite complicated but I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Christian Beer