commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] URL encoding
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 22:55:25 GMT
Hi Tracy,
HttpClient should take only fully encoded URIs so the behaviour you describe
would be a bug, however I can't reproduce the problem.  Could you please
send through a simple test case showing the problem or at least the source
code you're using that experiences the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracy Boehrer [mailto:tboehrer@calltower.com]
Sent: Saturday, 24 May 2003 12:04 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [httpclient] URL encoding

Using the nightly source drop for 5/22, I am a bit confused as to what is
required of a URL when constructing a HttpMethodBase.  If I supply an
unescaped URL (that requires it), an exception is thrown.  If I escape the
URL, then this class will escape it again at around line 277:

            // set the path, defaulting to root
            setPath(
                parsedURI.getPath() == null
                ? "/"