commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE:[Logging] [HTTPCLIENT]which version of log4j should i use
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 22:25:56 GMT
Jen,
This is actually an issue with commons-logging so I've added Logging to the
subject to get the attention of people who know about that.  HttpClient
itself doesn't handle any logging policy it just throws it all at
commons-logging.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jen [mailto:xwhu_1999@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 May 2003 4:07 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [HTTPCLIENT]which version of log4j should i use

Hi,
I just downloaded the commons-httpclient-2.0-alpha3,
and put both commons-httpclient.jar and
commons-logging.jar in lib directory in my classpath,
and added the log4j-1.2.1.jar in classpath too, but I
got the exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.subAppend(WriterAppender.java:300)
        at
org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.append(WriterAppender.java:150)
        at
org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:221)

        at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders
(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:56)
        at
org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:258)
        at
org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:454)
        at
org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:885)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog.warn(Log4JCategoryLo
g.java:196)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMetho
dBase.java:2328)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.j
ava:960)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.jav
a:578)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.jav
a:477)

Do get the wrong version of log4j?

Thanks