commons-user mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: DBCP vs Oracle's jdbc2.0 optional implementation
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 20:55:03 GMT
David,

Yes, I just started using Oracle connections in Commons-DBCP so that various JSP page requests
could use connections from the pool instead of opening at the top of the page and closing
at the bottom. It works like a charm.

The only issue we had is that you have to use a connection string that includes the username
and password, because of course the pool will create all of the connections initially and
you shouldn't be able to use the username and password later to ask for an already open connection.

/S

"Durham David Contr 805 CSS/SCBE" <David.Durham1@scott.af.mil> wrote:

>I'm having a problem with Oracle's connection pooling.  Basically it will max out db processes
and not release connections sporatically.  Has anyone switched to DBCP from Oracle's connection
pooling to solve this issue or has anyone successfully used DBCP with Oracle?