commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@RxHub.net>
Subject RE: Production use of Connection Pooling
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 17:05:10 GMT
The DBCP code is a bit different from the Commons Pool, right?

I read the paper and some things do apply to the commons pool (like the
wrapper requirement) but I wouldn't say I've noticed any performance
problems with my use of the Commons Pool yet.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Timko, Cheryl A. [mailto:cheryl_timko@merck.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 11:57 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
Subject: RE: Production use of Connection Pooling

Have you encountered any performance issues?

We performed load testing on both the DBCP and our "custom" database
connection pool.  What we found is that when 300 concurrent users are
accessing the DBCP, the response time average is 8 sec.  When we ran the
same test using our "custom" pool, the average response time is 2 sec.

In both tests, we were testing the connection when borrowing it from the
pool.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Cheryl