commons-user mailing list archives

From "O'Neill, John" <John.O'Ne...@ScottForesman.com>
Subject DBCP setup
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 20:50:48 GMT
I've taken over a web app that is currently using the dbcp package.  I have
some suspicions that the pool is not working correctly, namely when I
increase my maxProcessors for my connector above my database hardlimit, I
have locked up my db with too many connections.

What is the difference between a BasicDataSource and PoolingDataSource (I
thought I understood these)?  Could any tell me how their server.xml is
configured?  I am guessing that I should be using the PoolingDataSource, but
how is this configured?  When using the PoolingDataSource to get connections
should I use the getConnection() or use a PoolableConnection?

The Package org.apache.commons.dbcp Description is a little confusing and I
could use a few examples of SourceParams, Factory elements and code snippets
to use a connection pool.
Thanks,
John

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.