commons-user mailing list archives

From Larry Young <lyo...@dalmatian.com>
Subject [betwixt]hiding data members
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 20:13:00 GMT
Hello,

         I have a question regarding the Bean <--> XML conversion process.

         Is there a way to specify which data members (as represented by
get/set methods) are available for conversion into/outof XML and which
should be ignored?  I thought I had seen something about this somewhere in
the docs when I initially looked at the product, but now I can't find
it.  Basically some mechanism to say which fields are "transient" and which
are not.

         If there's no way to do this, I'll just have to rename some of the
methods to use "load/save", "assign/retrieve", or something like
that.  That would be unfortunate because I don't really want to encode my
beans persistence model into their method names, but ....

--- thanks ---
Larry

Larry Young
The Dalmatian Group