commons-user mailing list archives

From "Timko, Cheryl A." <cheryl_ti...@merck.com>
Subject [Commons] Component Packaging Options
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 12:21:43 GMT
All,

I was hoping someone else had experienced this dilemma using the Jakarta
Commons components...

I have created a company-wide shared component which utilizes the Digester
and DBCP component.  Both the Digester and DBCP  components are dependent on
other Jakarta Common components.

Since I tested and validated my shared component with the specific versions
of the Jakarta Commons components, I want to package these Jakarta Common
versions with my component (I do not want other versions to be used).

If I package my shared component into a jar file that contains the Jakarta
Commons jars, is the only way to load classes contained in the Jakarta
Commons jars via a custom class loader or is there any other way, like using
the JAR Class-Path (I thought this option was only used for applications
with a main())?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

> Cheryl Timko
> USHH IS Application Architecture
> * WP97-A315
> * 215-652-8822
> * cheryl_timko@merck.com

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.