commons-user mailing list archives

From Erik Erskine <e...@sundayta.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Binding to a particular interface/IP?
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 11:38:02 GMT
Richard,

 > This is, I think, not possible. A client does not "bind" to an IP or
 > interface. The IP routing subsystem of the OS makes that decision
 > based upon target IP address and the routing tables.

This is not a routing issue - the two interfaces are on the same
network.  They are actually the same card using IP aliasing to have two
addresses.

What I'm looking for is an equivalent of the following method in
java.net.Socket:

public Socket(InetAddress address,
               int port,
               InetAddress localAddr,
               int localPort)

The remote server will only accept requests from one of the addresses.

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                                     |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |