commons-user mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] Pointers Iterator Returning Wrong Number Results
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:44:34 GMT
Dmitri,

Thanks a ton!  You were absolutely correct.  Sorry
about not providing more info, I supposed I posted
with too much haste.  Either way, I collected the
pointers (which were referring to XML DOM from JAXP)
after iterating them and was able to easily manipulate
them per your suggestion.  You and JXPath are
great...I don't know how I survived before!

-Julian

--- Dmitri Plotnikov <dplotnik@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Julian,
>
> Most likely the simultaneous modification is what is
> causing the
> observed behavior.  You might want to find all
> children you intend to
> delete first, and then actually delete them one by
> one starting with
> the last.
>
> Anyway, in order to provide more concrete answer, I
> will need more
> information.  Please describe the data you are
> applying the XPath to.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Dmitri
>

> --- Julian <cerebro70@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying to use JXPath for the first time and
> when
> > I try to iterate over pointers for a given
> context, I
> > only get one of the two child objects expected. I
> have
> > tried various xpath expressions to retrieve the
> > children, but to no avail (e.g. /*,*, and
> child::*).
> > Once I retrieve them I want to delete them, but
> again
> > only one is deleted from the Document. I must add
> that
> > I am doing this to test the capabilities of
> JXPath...I
> > will prob want to conduct more complicated xpaths
> and
> > iterations.  Could someone help me with this
> problem?
> >

> > Thanks A Lot,
> > Julian
> >
> > <snippet>
> >             JXPathContext context =
> > JXPathContext.newContext(genNode);//node with
> children
> > in question
> >             Iterator genValues =
> > context.iteratePointers("*");//get all node's
> children
> >
> >                 while(genValues.hasNext()) {
> >
> >                     NodePointer nodePointer =
> > (NodePointer)genValues.next();
> >
> >                       Node testNode =
> > (Node)nodePointer.getNode();//get Node from
> pointer
> >
> > genNode.removeChild(testNode);//remove node in
> > question
> >                 }
> > </snippet>

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam