commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <Digby_Kni...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject DBCP uses thousands of ports connecting to MySQL on XP (and fails )
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 13:36:59 GMT
Further to my problem last week where I was getting a BindException when
trying to connect to MySQL using Tomcat 4.1.24, I have now done a NetStat
after it fails, and every outgoing port (several thousand) has been used up
trying to make the connection.

Does anyone know why this is, and whether it's a DBCP problem or an WinXP
problem?

I have read on a mailing list that the number of available ports can be
increased further, but I can't see that this would help - they'd just get
used up too.

Has anyone come across this?

TIA

Digby

(Tomcat 4.1.24, MySQL 4, Connector/J 3.07, XP SP1)

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.