commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Clarke <M...@ClarkeConsulting.co.za>
Subject [beanutils] primitive return types for getProperty
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 17:06:31 GMT
Hi all,
According to the documentation getProperty returns an object and does
not do conversion. I have step through the code for a property that
returns a byte and getProperty returns a Byte object. The code however
fails later I think because some part of the code is expecting a byte
and get an object or because some part expects a object and gets a
primitive type. What does the getProperty method return for primitive
type and  conversely what happens with the setProperty method and
primitive types.

TIA,.

Mark