commons-user mailing list archives

From Gustavo Rodríguez <gustavo.rodrig...@innosec.es>
Subject Socket connect timeout
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:35:27 GMT
    Hi, we're using your FTP client API and would like to use the new JDK1.4 connect timeout
method. We've seen in your source code that sockets are created in the factory by calling
the constructor with host, port, so that the timeout specified on socketclient.setDefaultTimeout()
is only used for read timeout (socket.setSoTimeout()), and not in connect-time (socket.setDefaultTimeout()).
Is there any new release implementing timeout at connect-time, or are you planning to deliver
it? Is there any other way to specify a connection time out?
    Thanks in advance.