commons-user mailing list archives

From Jim Rock <jimr...@comcast.net>
Subject Problem getting the Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml to load with Tomcat Startup
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 07:09:13 GMT
I am running Tomcat 4.1.18 using the struts-validator example application. The application
itself loads, but often times Tomcat is not loading the Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml.

I click on the link for jsType.jsp and view source in my IE browser after it loads the page
and the Javascript generated by Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml is not there. When
I input data no field checking is done.

The odd thing is that sometimes the Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml will load and then
everything works fine. The field edits work properly. I have made no changes to this application
- only loading the struts-validator.war file in my Tomcat Webapps folder.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?