commons-user mailing list archives

From Bajwa Rajpreet-W3818C <W38...@motorola.com>
Subject Query | Apache Commons and Log4J
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:45:31 GMT
Hi,
I am working with Apache Commons and Log4j for the first time And am facing
set up issues.
I have compiled and deployed my code , when I try to Log , that is
Get an instance of LogFactory I get a class not found exception (Given
below).
I have included common-logging.jar in my classpath , this jar has both the
commons
files and the Log4jFactory class. If org.apache.commons.logging.Log is found

Why is org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory not found being in the
same jar. Is there something I am missing.
Will appreciate help ASAP.
Thanks
Rajpreet

EXCEPTION
<Apr 2, 2003 2:37:08 PM CST> <Error> <HTTP> <101046>
<[ServletContext(id=5713900 ,name=eMotorolaWAR.war,context-path=/eMotorola)]
action: Dispatch[/genericConten t] to method saveCommonContent returned an
exception
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfi
gurationException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.logging. impl.Log4jFactory
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:553)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:337)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:382)
at com.motorola.emotorola.common.utils.EMotorolaLogger.getLogService(EMo
torolaLogger.java:54)
at com.motorola.emotorola.common.utils.EMotorolaLogger.logTraceStart(EMo
torolaLogger.java:148)
at com.motorola.emotorola.web.action.content.GenericContentAction.saveCo
mmonContent(GenericContentAction.java:98)
at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.perform(DispatchAction.java:
236)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionSer
vlet.java:1787)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:158
6)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:1058)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:401)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:306)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5412)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
eManager.java:744)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3086)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2544)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)