commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] Is there a way to populate bean using XML rules in one statement
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:14:19 GMT
i'm not really sure i understand how you want to populate a bean's
properties from the body text of one element.

i can see populating from the body text of elements (each mapping to one
property) eg.

<bean><propertyOne>Value One</propertyOne><propertyTwo>Value
Two</propertyTwo></bean>

but if you're parsing the body text to establish the values for the
properties eg.
<bean>Value One,Value Two</bean>

then this is going to require parsing of the body text. if this is what
you need to do, then a custom rule (containing the parsing code) is
probably the best way to approach this problem.

- robert