commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Logging] Standalone App using BeanUtils getting wierd exception
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:11:10 GMT
it seems likely to me that you need to deal with two problems. the
exception being thrown is probably caused by version incompatibility
between commons-logging and log4j. this could probably be solved by
upgrading to a recent log4j release.

the other problem is exactly why you're getting this exception in the
first place. if you get this when you've set up commons-logging to use
SimpleLog then there's something wrong - the log4k logger should never be
instantiated. a good place to start is by double checking that the set up
is correct.

- robert