commons-user mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <sw-l...@warneronstine.com>
Subject [jelly] xml, jsl, etc.
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:47:35 GMT
Alright,
Just about ready to throw my computer out the window ;-). I decided to try
out some jelly stuff by doing some xml transformations. Attached please find
my rather short script, which doesn't do a whole lot.

When I run my script I am consistently getting:
org.jaxen.XPathSyntaxException: Unexpected '@'
        at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.<init>(BaseXPath.java:136)
        at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.<init>(BaseXPath.java:157)
        at org.jaxen.dom4j.Dom4jXPath.<init>(Dom4jXPath.java:103)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.xpath.XPathExpression.evaluate(XPathExpr
ession.java:124)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.ExpressionSupport.evaluateRecurse(Expres
sionSupport.java:106)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:273)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.JellyTag.doTag(JellyTag.java:91)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.util.CommandLineParser.invokeCommandLineJelly(Comma
ndLineParser.java:146)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly.main(Jelly.java:137)
[ERROR] XPathExpression - -Error constructing xpath
<org.jaxen.XPathSyntaxException: Unexpected '@'>

Even though there are NO "@" symbols in my script. There was one originally,
but I removed it finally and am still getting this error.

Here are the jars I have in my lib directory which I create the classpath
from when I call jelly.
commons-beanutils-1.6.1.jar
commons-jelly-tags-xml-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-cli-1.0.jar
commons-jexl-1.0-beta-1.jar
commons-collections-2.0.jar
commons-logging-1.1-dev.jar
commons-jelly-1.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-jelly-tags-ant-SNAPSHOT.jar
dom4j-1.4.jar
commons-jelly-tags-jsl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
velocity-1.3.jar
commons-jelly-tags-velocity-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
xalan-2.3.1.jar
commons-jelly-tags-xml-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I'm not sure if I'm missing some jars or what.

Thanks in advance.

-warner