commons-user mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject [jelly] Re: Junit error in script used by j:include, reports generic error
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:28:54 GMT
On 31/3/03 8:35 pm, "Bill Brown" <> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am a new user of Jelly, attempting to get Jelly to work well
> along with junit.  So, I used the include tag to run a jelly script and
> that jelly script uses junit to report errors. The errors were not
> reported, just a generic failure of the script.  I get the string,
> "could not include jelly script" in the exception, which led me to the
> doTag method within the code.  The includeTag code is
> changing the type of error, from JellyException to JellyTagException,
> and then setting the cause of the JellyTagException to the original
> exception., which appears to run tags, does not access
> the cause of an Exception.
>   Since I am very new to Jelly, I am not sure if I have diagnosed
> this problem correctly.  Could you please advise me?
>   Thanks very much for your time.

Any chance you could give us an example of a use of <j:include> that fails?
Typically the <j:include> expects a URI which is either relative to the
current URL context in JellyContext or an absolute URL. Are you specifying a
file name maybe?
BTW if you're looking at using Jelly with Junit have you looked at

View raw message