commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Priest <Robert.Pri...@bentley.com>
Subject RE: [Logging] Where to put new jars in Tomcat?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:24:07 GMT
It just sounds like it is not finding that log4j.properties file. If the new
commons-logging in your server\lib is using log4j, maybe you need a
log4j.properties file in server\classes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Affan Qureshi [mailto:quereshi@etilize.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 4:08 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [Logging] Where to put new jars in Tomcat?

Hi,
I have downloaded commons-logging-1.0.3 and found two jar files in it:
commons-logging.jar
commons-logging-api.jar

Now which one am i supposed to put in my webapp/WEB-INF/lib and what about
tomcat's server/lib and common/lib? I found that tomcat's server/lib already
had commons-logging.jar and I replaced it with the new one having the same
name. Also replaced the existing common/lib/commons-logging-api.jar with the
new commons-logging-api.jar. But when tomcat starts up i get:
(org.apache.commons.digester.D
igester).
and
Do I have to put log4j in tomcat too? I have log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib. I
also have log4j.properties and commons-logging.properties and
WEB-INF/classes.

Right now I am not getting any log messages anywhere.

Any where i can find exact steps to make this work? i have searched the
archive and tried some of the combinations nothing seems to fit in.

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 on Win2000 and JDK1.4.

Affan