commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Forbis <chris.for...@veritas.com>
Subject Change to DBCP pool?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:45:44 GMT
I would like to see how you all feel about a change I would like to see in
the DBCP JDBC pool...

I would like a flag in the config that would allow for the following not to
happen...  (I say a flag because of the time that might be needed for it,
and if your code already does it why waste the time)

On connection.close(); do the check-in like it does today, but before that
do this:

Get a list of all statements (of any kind) and close them, including there
ResultSets.

This would allow lazy programmers ( :-) ) to not cause issues with
Statements and ResultsSets not being closed.

Just an idea

Chris