commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Forbis <chris.for...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: DBCP Issues
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:46:00 GMT
Ok after much research and test case writing is seems that due to something
with the Oracle jdbc 2 drivers (that come with 8i) and dbcp have a problem
once and a while and think the database connection is lost (when from the
oracle side I can see it has not been).  The checkOpen function in DBCP
throws an exception and my code stops working....  Now that said I would
like to try the new Oracle JDBC drivers that come with Oracle 9i but I have
not been able to get them to work.  The pool seems to not be able to create
any connection for some reason (so it returns nothing but null).  Has anyone
used a JDBC3 drivers from Oracle (the 9i drivers) with the pool?  If so do
you have your XML you could share :)

Thanks