commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Digester] How can I build a Calendar from XML pieces?
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:20:51 GMT
hi jason

(this answer will probably be a little vague since i don't know the
structure of your objects.)

if i've understood you correctly, you need to create a calendar object. if
this object is a bean (with a constructor which doesn't need to know the
data and time information and setters for these properties) then you can
probably create it with a rule mapped to <CreateDate> and then set the
properties with BeanPropertySetterRule's mapped to <Date> and <Time>.

if the calendar isn't bean like and it configures itself by a method
taking the <Date> and <Time> data, then you can use a CallMethodRule and
CallParamRule's.

if the calendar needs to have the date and time passed into the
constructor, then i'm not sure any of the standard rules will work and you
might need to create a custom Rule implementation.

hope this helps.

- robert