commons-user mailing list archives

From André Augusto de Oliveira Aragão <andre.augu...@ca.tco.net.br>
Subject RE: NTLM authentication
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:19:01 GMT
HI!

I´m using it. It had a bug, but in the most recent nightly snapshot, it´s
corrected.
The arguments in the NTCredentials constructor are:
userName - the userid.
password - the password.
host - For me, it works with the wins name of the host that is making the
connection. I did not test if using the dns or ip works. I think it depends
on your server (the server you´re trying to reach) configuration.
domain - the actual NT Domain.

Hope that helps,

Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Becke [mailto:richard@disputable.org]
Sent: quinta-feira, 24 de abril de 2003 04:32
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: NTLM authentication

I am using HTTPClient 2.0 alpha 3 on AIX 4.3.3
/ IBM JDK 1.3.1 with IBM JCE / JSSE.

Has anyone actually made NTLM authentication work ? I can't figure it out.
Using Luigi Dragone's NTLM auth API
(http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html), everything works fine,
so I know that the credentials and cryptographic providers are OK.
The documentation for NTCredentials, as well as the example / test code
seems a bit lacking. Is the "userName" constructor argument supposed to be
"<NT domain>\<userid>" or just userid ? And the "host" argument; is this
the DNS name, WINS name, and with / without the domain part ?

Sorry for the cross posting, I know this belongs in the user list, but I
feel the lacking documentation is also a bug.
--
/* ®ß */