commons-user mailing list archives

From André Augusto de Oliveira Aragão <>
Subject RE: NTLM authentication
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:19:01 GMT

I´m using it. It had a bug, but in the most recent nightly snapshot, it´s
The arguments in the NTCredentials constructor are:
userName - the userid.
password - the password.
host - For me, it works with the wins name of the host that is making the
connection. I did not test if using the dns or ip works. I think it depends
on your server (the server you´re trying to reach) configuration.
domain - the actual NT Domain.

Hope that helps,

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Becke []
Sent: quinta-feira, 24 de abril de 2003 04:32
Subject: NTLM authentication

I am using HTTPClient 2.0 alpha 3 on AIX 4.3.3
/ IBM JDK 1.3.1 with IBM JCE / JSSE.

Has anyone actually made NTLM authentication work ? I can't figure it out.
Using Luigi Dragone's NTLM auth API
(, everything works fine,
so I know that the credentials and cryptographic providers are OK.
The documentation for NTCredentials, as well as the example / test code
seems a bit lacking. Is the "userName" constructor argument supposed to be
"<NT domain>\<userid>" or just userid ? And the "host" argument; is this
the DNS name, WINS name, and with / without the domain part ?

Sorry for the cross posting, I know this belongs in the user list, but I
feel the lacking documentation is also a bug.
/* ®ß */

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message