commons-user mailing list archives

From tra...@spaceprogram.com
Subject RE: DBCP Issues
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:47:32 GMT
I have been having lots of issues too with DBCP including that one that you get.  I think I
may be switching to a new db pool as I cannot fix it.

It's 2 years old??

Travis

---- Original Message ----
From: Chris Forbis <chris.forbis@veritas.com>
Sent: 2003-04-14
To: "'commons-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: DBCP Issues

I am having some issues with the DBCP packages.

(Bellow is the exception)

I use it like suggested with Tocmat and tomcats JNDI.  And it seems to work
perfect about 99% of the time.  But ever once and a while I get an
exception.  After a little looking and testing I can tell that the
connection I get back is fine, and I use it... but sometime in using it I
get the error.  The connection does not seem closed, but the checkOpen code
is saying it is.  Has anyone seen this?  Also the code for dbcp is over 2
years old... is there something better to be using?

Thanks!

Chris

java.sql.SQLException: Connection is closed.
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.checkOpen(DelegatingConnection.
java:245)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.createStatement(DelegatingConne
ction.java:170)
        at
ast.apropos.eds.web.QSnapShotFields.updateSettingsInDB(QSnapShotFields.java:
262)
        at
ast.apropos.eds.web.servlet.QSnapShotEdit.doPost(QSnapShotEdit.java:111)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)
        at
ain.java:193)
        at
va:256)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
va:191)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
        at
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
java:171)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
:174)
        at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)