commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nichols <nx10m...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [logging] How to setLevel() for commons logging? (urgent :)
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:13:25 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Commons Logging to get Logger independence. By default I'm using
Log4J, and I want to ship my kit configured by default to WARN level. In
Log4J I'd use logger.setLevel(Level.WARN), but the commons.logging.Log
interface has no setLevel() or similar method, and I can't see how to get
to the underlying Log4J Category field. How can I ship with logging set to
WARN (or OFF)?

I can do this ok with SimpleLog...

Looks as though this project ends the Log4J / JDK1.4 logging debate for me
- thanks very much.

Regards,
Thomas.