commons-user mailing list archives

From "Timko, Cheryl A." <cheryl_ti...@merck.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Slow Performance Under Load
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:37:43 GMT
I have DBCP configured to use the default configuration where:

driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxxxx:25000:mytestdb
Username=xxx
Password=xxx
defaultAutoCommit=true
defaultReadOnly=false
validationQuery=SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL
logAbandoned=false
removeAbandoned=false
removeAbandonedTimeout=300
maxActive=8
maxIdle=8
maxWait=-1
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=1800000
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=-1
numTestsPerEvictionRun=3
testOnBorrow=true
testOnReturn=false
testWhileIdle=false
whenExhaustedAction=1

Can you recommend more optimal configuration values?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Cheryl