commons-user mailing list archives

From Karol R├╝ckschloss <karol.rueckschl...@iqnex.com>
Subject Re: [digester] Parsing a schema instance / parsing dates
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:19:13 GMT
Craig,

thanks a lot for your input! I will take a look at the converters

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>You can fix this yourself by registering a custom Converter for a
>java.util.Date object in org.apache.commons.beanutils.Converter.  There is
>not a standard converter, because there is no standard locale-independent
>string representation of a date.

Actually, it's an ISO date that comes in a xs:date element. We don't
have any locale-dependent issues there. This is why I was hoping that
Digester (or SAX, respectivelly) would recognize it automatically and
use the respective param type for the method in CallMethodRule and it
would be an out-of-the-box feature of Digester.

Anyways, I'll write the custom converter then - sounds like a clean and
nice solution. Great!

KarolR