commons-user mailing list archives

From Karol R├╝ckschloss <karol.rueckschl...@iqnex.com>
Subject [digester] Parsing a schema instance / parsing dates
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:38:47 GMT
Hello,

I have used Digester for the last couple of weeks but never validated
against a schema before.

Now I'm in a situation where I want to make Digester respect a schema
during the parsing. More specific, there are date fields in the XML
documents that I'm parsing with Digester.
<startDate>2003-28-04</startDate>
What I tried to do is to
     digester.setSchema(...);
     digester.setValidating(true);

However, even if I put an invalid date in the <startDate/>, Digester is
still happy about it. I would actually want an exception to be thrown.
The setSchema(String) call doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I doing
something wrong?

Another point with the dates. It would be excellent if Digester could
recognize elements with type="xs:date" and accept a CallMethodRule, such as
digester.addCallMethod(
             "root/startDate",
             "setStartDate",
             0,
             new Class[] { Date.class });
Currently, this throws an ugly exception during the parsing because
Digester doesn't realize that 2003-28-04 is a date...

Any help will be mostly appreciated.

KarolR