commons-user mailing list archives

From Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids <Matt.Behr...@Kohler.Com>
Subject Re: DBCP: Closed connections
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:24:46 GMT
Chris Forbis wrote:

> Don't know if this is your issue but I had the same issue and it took me
> forever to track down...  It all came back to the following code...
>
> //Stm = Statement
> //Rs = ResultSet
>
> stm.close();
> rs.close();
>
> The problem was simple, because of the order of these is wrong the
> connection pool got messed up bad.
>
> Had to change to
> rs.close();
> stm.close();
>
> and all started working fine...

I don't close my ResultSets or Statements -- just the connections.  I
suppose this could be a problem, actually.  I don't know.

I've had a few little issues like that.  Most memorable was when I had
inexplicable hangs (this is an interactive server app where the users
come in via telnet), and I beat my head against the wall for a little
bit before I realized I was just running out of connections because I
never explicitly returned a few to the pool...