commons-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Becke" <rich...@disputable.org>
Subject RE: NTLM authentication
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:33:02 GMT
Hi !

Thank You for the reply ! I still can't make this work, though. I am
currently using the 20030424 snapshot. My problem is as following :
I am runnning my program on an AIX box, which does of course not have
a WINS name nor is it member of any NT domain. The other API I have
tried (HTTP client library : http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient,
NTLM authenticator : http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html)
uses five pieces of information for construction of the NTLM auth
response; host, host domain, user, user domain, password. But, it
authenticates fine even with garbage data for host and host domain, so it
is obviously possible to authenticate using just user name, user domain and
password. This makes perfect sense, as NTLM authentication should be
possible from IE on any internet-connected Windows box. The problem I
face then is; given just the following data :

  username
  user's NT domain
  user's password
  URL on IIS server requiring NTLM authentication

How do I construct a valid NTCredentials instance, and authenticate
to the given URL ?

kind regards,

  Richard Becke

--
/* ®ß */

<quote who="André Augusto de Oliveira Aragão">