commons-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Becke" <rich...@disputable.org>
Subject NTLM authentication
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:31:51 GMT
I am using HTTPClient 2.0 alpha 3 on AIX 4.3.3
/ IBM JDK 1.3.1 with IBM JCE / JSSE.

Has anyone actually made NTLM authentication work ? I can't figure it out.
Using Luigi Dragone's NTLM auth API
(http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html), everything works fine,
so I know that the credentials and cryptographic providers are OK.
The documentation for NTCredentials, as well as the example / test code
seems a bit lacking. Is the "userName" constructor argument supposed to be
"<NT domain>\<userid>" or just userid ? And the "host" argument; is this
the DNS name, WINS name, and with / without the domain part ?

Sorry for the cross posting, I know this belongs in the user list, but I
feel the lacking documentation is also a bug.
--
/* ®ß */