commons-user mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject [DBCP] Maintaining a minimum number of connections
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:23:15 GMT
Is there an easy way to insure that a minimum number of connections are available to the pool?
I can create a given number of connections when I start my servlet, but if they remain idle
long enough they will be evicted. On the other hand, if the system has been busy and a whole
lot of connections have been opened, I don't want them all to hang around forever.

I guess I'm wising BasicDataSource had some kind of "minIdle" or "minConnections" parameter.

How are others dealing with this?

Cindy