commons-user mailing list archives

From "Xephyrus" <>
Subject Re: [JSTL] Pattern match?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:10:30 GMT

Hi Wendy,

I was hoping somebody who maybe worked on the JSTL stuff would jump in
with some authorative answer.  But they haven't (that I've seen) so here's
my thunk.

I have never seen that kind of pattern matching in the EL (Expression
Language) part of JSTL.  You can get similar behavior by using the Jakarta
String tag library at:
or the Jakarta Regexp tag library at:

.  Topher

> Maybe I was imagining it, but I thought there was some sort of pattern
> match available in JSTL.
> Basically, I need to show a certain section of HTML with something
> like:
> <c:if test="${not startsWith 'C'}">
> I know you can't call methods other than the standard getters/setters.
> If necessary I can add a boolean property to the bean in question, but
> is there a way to determine this using JSTL?
> --
> Wendy Smoak
> Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.
> Arizona State University PA Information Resources Management

View raw message