commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ramrakhiani, Vikas" <Vikas-Ramrakhi...@deshaw.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Maintaining a minimum number of connections
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:30:11 GMT
Try maxIdle().
It sets the maximum number of active connections that can remain idle in the
pool, without extra ones being released, or zero for no limit.

vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Cindy Ballreich [mailto:cindy@ballreich.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 2:53 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [DBCP] Maintaining a minimum number of connections

Is there an easy way to insure that a minimum number of connections are
available to the pool? I can create a given number of connections when I
start my servlet, but if they remain idle long enough they will be evicted.
On the other hand, if the system has been busy and a whole lot of
connections have been opened, I don't want them all to hang around forever.

I guess I'm wising BasicDataSource had some kind of "minIdle" or
"minConnections" parameter.

How are others dealing with this?

Cindy