commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Digester 1.5 Released
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:04:59 GMT

On Sun, 28 Apr 2003, Simon Kitching wrote:

> Date: 28 Apr 2003 09:31:21 +1200
> From: Simon Kitching <simon@ecnetwork.co.nz>
> To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Digester 1.5 Released
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> The release notes specify that the enhancements for digester 1.5 include
> bug #12997.
>
> The description of this concerned me, so I checked bugzilla. According
> to bugzilla, this is still an open item, with some significant concerns
> having been expressed by Craig McClanahan (which I would agree with).
>
> Is this just a typo in the release notes, or has the behaviour of the
> CallMethodRule indeed changed??

It has not changed.  As I stated in the trail of comments in the bug
report, things that break backwards compatibility like this will not be
accepted.  The only reason the bug report is still open is as a reminder
that we need a unit test to mimic code that depends on the current
behavior (similar to the config file parsing code in Tomcat and Struts)
that would break if a change like this were to be made.

> Thanks,
>
> Simon

Craig