commons-user mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Slow Performance Under Load
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:43:41 GMT
Setting testOnBorrow to true will cause DBCP to execute an extra SQL query
each time you "create" a Connection.  I generally use testWhileIdle=true,
and nothing else.

In my experience, using and pooling prepared statements dramatically
improves Oracle's performance (saving loads of time in sql parsing), but
your milage my vary.  It probably depends upon your data access idioms.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>