commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] using JXpath in the EJB layer - Synchronized methods
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 11:58:12 GMT
Prasad,

EJB does not actually have a ban on synchronized methods. It only
restricts the use of synchronized methods to synchronize instances of
the EJB bean itself. The reason for that is that in the distributed
environment instances of the bean may actually be in different
containers and therefore the "synchronized" keyword won't have any
effect. Thus the synchronization we have in JXPath will not harm your
EJBs in any way.

- Dmitri