commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query | Apache Commons and Log4J
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:44:40 GMT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Bajwa Rajpreet-W3818C wrote:

> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:45:31 -0600
> From: Bajwa Rajpreet-W3818C <W3818C@motorola.com>
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Query | Apache Commons and Log4J
>
> Hi,
> I am working with Apache Commons and Log4j for the first time And am facing
> set up issues.
> I have compiled and deployed my code , when I try to Log , that is
> Get an instance of LogFactory I get a class not found exception (Given
> below).
> I have included common-logging.jar in my classpath , this jar has both the
> commons
> files and the Log4jFactory class. If org.apache.commons.logging.Log is found
>
> Why is org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory not found being in the
> same jar. Is there something I am missing.
> Will appreciate help ASAP.

One way to cause yourself lots of grief would be to have
commons-logging.jar and/or log4j.jar in more than one place in your class
loader hierarchy.  I don't know what WebLogic's analog of Tomcat's
common/lib directory is, but putting things both inside your webapp and in
a shared directory will cause problems.

> Thanks
> Rajpreet

Craig