commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <Digby_Kni...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject RE: Simple question re BeanUtils and dates
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:10:28 GMT
Many thanks, Robert. The archives.apache.org link works fine.

Having read some of the comments, it looks like I was barking up the right
tree, as you suggested.

Thanks again.

Digby

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 07 April 2003 13:18
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Simple question re BeanUtils and dates

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 12:55 PM, Knight, Digby wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm afraid my firewall blocks searching the mail archives, so I'm having
> ask a question that's probably been asked before.

FYI as well as eyebrowse running on the apache site
(http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ViewLists), http://marc.theaimsgroup.
com/ and http://www.mail-archive.com/ both have searchable archives. it'd
be unusual if all these were blocked.

> I'm trying to use BeanUtils to set a date property of a bean from an
> HttpRequest (in yyyy-mm-dd format), but can't see how to do it with
> standard
> functionality (BeanUtils.setProperty() or BeanUtils.populate()). I have
> written and registered my own DateConverter which worked, but seems an
> unlikely thing to have to do when there are all the standard converters
> available.

dates are difficult things since there isn't a single format for them.
there is a localized standard converter for dates
(org.apache.commons.beanutils.locale.DateLocaleConverter) but registering
your own DateConverter is IMHO a good way to approach this problem.

- robert

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.