commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <Digby_Kni...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject Simple question re BeanUtils and dates
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:55:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm afraid my firewall blocks searching the mail archives, so I'm having to
ask a question that's probably been asked before.

I'm trying to use BeanUtils to set a date property of a bean from an
HttpRequest (in yyyy-mm-dd format), but can't see how to do it with standard
functionality (BeanUtils.setProperty() or BeanUtils.populate()). I have
written and registered my own DateConverter which worked, but seems an
unlikely thing to have to do when there are all the standard converters
available.

I've been trying all the code from the API overview, but I keep getting an
"argument type mismatch" if I don't register my own Converter.

Could anyone send me some code which will populate this bean from the
request below:

public Bean {
	private Date date;
	public Date getDate() { return date; }
	public setDate(Date date) { this.date = date; }
}

?date=2003-01-01&x=y&a=b

If the code can recognize any format for the date, so much the better!

Thanks in advance.

Digby

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.