commons-user mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Pool] JMS Pools
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:35:33 GMT

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 05:37  pm, Tauzell, Dave wrote:

> Has anybody used the Pool classes to create a pool of JMS QueueSession
> objects?  I have a large number of threads that need to send JMS
> messages. Right now each one gets its own connection which is somewhat
> resource intensive (we are using MQSeries).
>
> One issue I have is how to detect when failures happen and how to
> re-connect.
>
> If anybody has done something similar I'd be interested in any
> information you have.

This is one of the reasons why the commons-messenger project exists.
Note pooling in JMS is a bit more complex than just pooling the
Sessions, since you may also want to pool the MessageProducers
(QueueSenders) as well as pooling 2 different kinds of queueSessions,
async sessions & sessions.

Right now just using a Messenger instance represents a pool of sessions
& producers on a single JMS Connection.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/