commons-user mailing list archives

From "Willie Vu" <ctwil...@ust.hk>
Subject RE: [Jelly] [Submit] New HttpUnit Tags
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:01:10 GMT
James,

I've looked at Latka briefly.  Its validators concept look unique and flexible.
It will be a great functional testing tool for not only HTTP/HTTPS.  Compared it
with HttpUnit, HttpUnit is more focused on and mature for HTTP unit testing.
HttpUnit does a great job in modelling the objects such as buttons, forms,
links, etc that interacting with them is easy.  It is currently missing from
Latka.  I believe having a Jelly tag library for HttpUnit makes it more valuable
for developers to do unit testing.

I'm open to the idea of having a single code base.  Is it a bigger question for
Latka and HttpUnit?  If Latka and HttpUnit deserve to be separate, separate
Jelly tag librarys make sense.

--
Willie Vu