commons-user mailing list archives

From kpul...@tsys.com
Subject BeanUtils
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:50:58 GMT
I'm using the BeanUtils class to compare different properties from 2
objects.  Let's assume I have the following setup:

Class1{
      private Name name = null;
      // list contains Strings
      private List list = null;
      private String description = null;

      // corresponding setter and getter methods....

}

If I have 2 instance of Class1 and I want to compare them to see if they
are equal, does the BeanUtils class provide a way to look into the "Name"
and "List" object to see if they contain the same values?  I know it works
well with String objects, but I don't see any way that it can work with
other objects.

Thanks